This just in, footprinters…
You may have noticed from time to time, I’ve referenced Heather Huhman, who shares a passion for helping young professionals find their way. She is — in my opinion — the best in the business when it comes to offering job hunting advice. And before I go on, I must add I’m not being compensated in any fashion for this endorsement.
For the holiday season, Heather’s job hunter’s online course, Find Me A Job: How to Score a Job Before Your Friends, is on special for $24.
In Heather words…
The course includes 27 lectures, more than three hours of recorded content, and weekly live Q&A sessions with me to help students and recent college graduates land internships and entry-level jobs. Topics covered include:
- What to do before your search even begins
- How to identify your wants and needs — and find matching opportunities
- How to submit applications that will generate responses
- How to succeed in every type of interview — video, phone and in-person
- How to follow up at every stage of the hiring process
- How to handle rejection — and evaluate and accept job offers
- How to succeed on the job once you secure a position
Please do at least visit the page to see how neatly the course is organized — from Section One: Before Your Search Begins all the way through Section Seven: Succeeding on the Job. I’m not one to post endorsements, but this $24 investment in your career is a no-brainer. If you’re short on dough, ask your folks to include it in your holiday stocking.
About Heather Huhman
Heather R. Huhman is a career expert, experienced hiring manager, and founder & president of Come Recommended, a content marketing and digital PR consultancy for organizations with products that target job seekers and/or employers. She is also the author of Lies, Damned Lies & Internships (2011), #ENTRYLEVELtweet: Taking Your Career from Classroom to Cubicle (2010), and writes career and recruiting advice for numerous outlets.